The truth about palm blocks

As readers may or may not know, I've been engaged in a number of large projects this year, both martial and non-martial.  I'll detail these another time.

For now, I'll restart my blogging here with "micro posts", featuring mostly videos and brief commentary.  In that spirit, here is the first of my entries on the subject of "palm blocks".

It is important to note that the palm can be used to "block" an attack at its source (eg. by jamming the shoulder or hip or other part of the "core") but I haven't gone into this in the above video which is simply taken from class.

For more on the topic of forearm vs palm blocks see: "Why block with the forearm rather than the palm".



Copyright © 2014 Dejan Djurdjevic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karate punches vs. boxing punches

"Combat tai chi"? Seriously?

Zhan zhuang: grounding, structure, intention and qi